Our Wedding Weekend: Part 2

I woke up early, and the house was already busy with people running around. We headed out to our hair appointment at 8am, and met the rest of the girls at the salon. My mom got done first, and then ran off to the house to monitor the progress. The rest of us got back at about 12, and I started feeling pretty jittery. I gave my MOH and Bridesmaids their gift bags, and I had gotten them all pearl earrings to wear. I opened the gift Kyle had given me, and it was a beautiful necklace with an emerald stone that had belonged to my grandmother. I ugly cried, hard. Since some of the crying was over with, we started on makeup. It felt like time just flew by, and before we knew it, it was 1:30. That’s when things started getting real, and I was pretty emotional.

My mom helped me get into my dress, while all of my bridesmaids waited outside the door. The photographer came in and we rushed through some pictures before we had to go upstairs and line up inside the tent. When I got inside the tent, I could see the outline of people who were already seated, and I could see the minister standing beneath our arbor. And then I could see Kyle, lined up with all of his guys, with his brother beside him. My heart was racing.

Every guest in attendance knows me well, and I know them of course. And I’ve probably walked towards Kyle thousands of times in our lives. His friends are mine, and mine are his. But when that music changed, and it was my turn to walk, I felt the world was moving under my feet. If you asked my parents to describe those next few moments, they would say I “ran” down the aisle. But to me, everything was in slow motion. I didn’t even glance at people as I walked past them. All I could see was that man at the end of the aisle. A man I had waited so long for. He is and will always be the puzzle piece that completed everything.

We had written our own vows, so after our introductions and readings, we got to say them to each other for the first time. This was the part I had been most nervous about, but we both did really well, despite the tears. Then we got to exchange our rings, and we were officially announced as Mr & Mrs! We all went back down the aisle, and regrouped to say hello to all of our guests. Pictures took quite a while, but the hors d’oeuvres and drinks were already being passed around, so the time flew by for everyone else.

Our coordinator had everyone move inside to find their seats, and we lined up for introductions. The bridesmaids and groomsman went first as couples, then the MOH and Best Man, and then Kyle and I. It was one of my favorite moments, as we looked around the room and saw all the people who were there to celebrate us. We had our first dance to I Need You by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, followed by my dance with my dad, and Kyle’s dance with his mom.

The rest of the night was filled with dancing and laughing. When things finally winded down, we headed off to an inn a few towns over to have our “minimoon”. We went all out with champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, flowers everywhere, and breakfast in bed the next morning. Honestly, it was magical and I can’t wait to go back for our anniversaries.


Over the next few days, we finally had time to open our cards and some of our gifts. I wish I could say that things slowed down after our minimoon, but we’ve been pretty busy since then. More on that later! What have you all been up to? Share your wedding story/advice for us newlyweds in the comments. Happy Monday!

In Case You Missed It:


Published by Amanda N

Lifestyle blogger 🎗 Navigating life as a military spouse on the East Coast. Join our adventure!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: