The more I get to know the military community around me, the more I see that there’s a significant divide between military and civilian families. Continue reading “10 Misconceptions About Military Families”
Recently, I came across a post on one of my favorite blogs, A Semi-Delicate Balance. The post discusses the many ways in which the modern military spouse is changing the game, along with the introduction of the book: Modern Military Spouse: The Ultimate Military Life Guide for New Spouses and Significant Others by J.D Collins, Lauren Tamm, and Jo’ My Gosh! (You can check out her actual post here!)
It really got me thinking about how far we’ve come, and all the admirable military spouses and significant others I cross paths with everyday. It touched upon all the different ways that we have evolved and adapted over time, and what’s next for our lifestyle. Here are the ways I believe we are “changing the game”: Continue reading “The Modern Military Relationship”
We’ve all faced it a time or two: the dreaded fitness plateau. For those of you who are just getting into fitness and have yet to experience this, a plateau is like hitting a wall. You’re stuck, and you don’t feel like you’re improving but you’re not getting worse either. Continue reading “The Dreaded Fitness Plateau: 4 Ways to Conquer The Slump”
This past Saturday, Kyle and I celebrated five full, beautiful years of being together. Five years of so much love, patience, and kindness, that I often look back and get lost in how much has happened. We have been through so many amazing experiences and changes, all wrapped into the twists and turns of my favorite love story. Continue reading “Celebrating Our Five-Year Anniversary”
In the past 2.5 years of being a “military couple”, we have gotten to experience some incredible things. Military life is by no means glorious, but there are so many opportunities that some people would never be able to experience. And it’s only the beginning! Continue reading “My Military Life Bucket List”
As the New Year begins, we all go through the process of self evaluation. The main focus is usually looking for what we need to improve in our lives. The one thing that should always be at the top of that list is your relationship. Continue reading “6 Habits to Eliminate From Your Relationship”
Most days, I walk into the gym around 8-9am and see the usual people scattered throughout. But at the beginning of January it’s a whole new scene. Continue reading “Push Your Resolutions Past The New Year”
In any relationship, it’s difficult to find time for just the two of you. In my case, add the military and my own career into the mix, which turns into 0 time! Date nights are few and far between, and are rarely uninterrupted. Continue reading “Beauty Haul 101: Date Night Ready”
Throughout the military community, I’ve met so many wonderful people. I’ve met people who are far more supportive, encouraging, and understanding than anyone I had in my life previously. Continue reading “To The Girl Who Reminded Me That I’m “Just” a Girlfriend”
The Liebster Award
I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Julia’s Leaps of Faith, a blogger who I have followed and connected with since I first started blogging. If you can, go check out her blog and read about her newest adventures!
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is a new-comer award given by bloggers to other bloggers. It creates a wonderful platform for new blogs to get their name out there, and connect/network with others! The best thing about this award is the encouragement and support that it promotes to the entire community.
What are the rules?
By accepting this award, I must:
- Thank and tag the person who nominated me.
- Answer 11 questions asked by your nominator.
- Nominate 11 bloggers.
- Create 11 questions for those bloggers.
- Notify them through social media of their nomination.
- What is your favorite book and magazine to read? I’ve read so many good books lately so that’s impossible. But for magazines it’s Muscle and Fitness Hers!
- What is one beauty product you could not live without? Mascara for sure! It’s the only regular part of my makeup routine.
- Who is your biggest inspiration or role model? Sarah Kay. I could watch her speak on Ted talks for hours (and I have). She speaks so eloquently and beautifully, and basically says all of the things that all of us have never been able to describe. If you haven’t heard her, look up “If I Should Have a Daughter” by Sarah Kay. No matter who you are, you’ll love it.
- Where do you want to travel to one day? (Dream vacation) Mykonos, Greece. Or Key West!
- If you could live in a decade other than the one you are living in right now for a week, which one would you live in and why? 1940s – so much was evolving and changing, it would have been so cool to see the world reach those milestones.
- What is your favorite dessert? Brownies! And well, everything.
- Do you have any siblings? How many? 1 brother
- What is the last thing you had to drink? Fair life chocolate milk.
- What is your dream occupation? Sports writer for the Boston Bruins
- If you were offered to travel in a spaceship for a year and were guaranteed complete safety and health, but had to sacrifice all contact with your friends and family on earth for that year, would you do it and why? No. As amazing as that would be, there are so many people here that are a huge part of my life, and I’m a huge part of theirs. I would rather stay, and live out my real dreams.
- What is/was your favorite academic subject to study? Writing and communications were my favorites in college. I was terrible at science and math most of the time.
There are my answers! Now here are the nominees I have chosen for the Liebster Award:
- Ahoy Annie
- Spread The Glow
- Bride On Base
- Life of a Traveling Army Wife
- The Little Coastie Wife
- New Dirt n’ Old Boots
- Joyn Lifestyle
- Oorah Ever After
- Follow Elle’s World
Here are the 11 questions for you to answer:
- Why did you start blogging?
- How did you come up with the name for your blog/why?
- If you had the choice to live anywhere, where would it be?
- When you reach into your purse/bag, what’s the first thing you find?
- If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
- What is your favorite outdoor activity?
- What is the last vacation you took?
- If you won a million dollars, what’s the FIRST thing you would do?
- If you could go to any school, where would you go and what would you study?
- What’s the name of your oldest pet?
- What’s the title of the last book you read?
Answer as honestly as you can, and have fun!