I remember the day we found out about Kyle’s deployment like it was yesterday. Since it was the first one, the moment has hung in my mind for a long time. It had been just a normal drill weekend, and I tidied up our apartment while I waited for him to get home. It was a Sunday in August, and the sun was still beaming through our shades as I folded laundry upstairs. I heard the hum of his car as he pulled in the drive, rounding the corner into his usual spot. I listened, as I have many times before, as he pulled his backpack out of the backseat and made his way up the steps. I waited for the nob to turn before making my way to the top of the stairs to greet him. Continue reading “What They Don’t Tell You About Deployment”
The Liebster Award
I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Julia’s Leaps of Faith, a blogger who I have followed and connected with since I first started blogging. If you can, go check out her blog and read about her newest adventures!
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is a new-comer award given by bloggers to other bloggers. It creates a wonderful platform for new blogs to get their name out there, and connect/network with others! The best thing about this award is the encouragement and support that it promotes to the entire community.
What are the rules?
By accepting this award, I must:
- Thank and tag the person who nominated me.
- Answer 11 questions asked by your nominator.
- Nominate 11 bloggers.
- Create 11 questions for those bloggers.
- Notify them through social media of their nomination.
- What is your favorite book and magazine to read? I’ve read so many good books lately so that’s impossible. But for magazines it’s Muscle and Fitness Hers!
- What is one beauty product you could not live without? Mascara for sure! It’s the only regular part of my makeup routine.
- Who is your biggest inspiration or role model? Sarah Kay. I could watch her speak on Ted talks for hours (and I have). She speaks so eloquently and beautifully, and basically says all of the things that all of us have never been able to describe. If you haven’t heard her, look up “If I Should Have a Daughter” by Sarah Kay. No matter who you are, you’ll love it.
- Where do you want to travel to one day? (Dream vacation) Mykonos, Greece. Or Key West!
- If you could live in a decade other than the one you are living in right now for a week, which one would you live in and why? 1940s – so much was evolving and changing, it would have been so cool to see the world reach those milestones.
- What is your favorite dessert? Brownies! And well, everything.
- Do you have any siblings? How many? 1 brother
- What is the last thing you had to drink? Fair life chocolate milk.
- What is your dream occupation? Sports writer for the Boston Bruins
- If you were offered to travel in a spaceship for a year and were guaranteed complete safety and health, but had to sacrifice all contact with your friends and family on earth for that year, would you do it and why? No. As amazing as that would be, there are so many people here that are a huge part of my life, and I’m a huge part of theirs. I would rather stay, and live out my real dreams.
- What is/was your favorite academic subject to study? Writing and communications were my favorites in college. I was terrible at science and math most of the time.
There are my answers! Now here are the nominees I have chosen for the Liebster Award:
- Ahoy Annie
- Spread The Glow
- Bride On Base
- Life of a Traveling Army Wife
- The Little Coastie Wife
- New Dirt n’ Old Boots
- Joyn Lifestyle
- Oorah Ever After
- Follow Elle’s World
Here are the 11 questions for you to answer:
- Why did you start blogging?
- How did you come up with the name for your blog/why?
- If you had the choice to live anywhere, where would it be?
- When you reach into your purse/bag, what’s the first thing you find?
- If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
- What is your favorite outdoor activity?
- What is the last vacation you took?
- If you won a million dollars, what’s the FIRST thing you would do?
- If you could go to any school, where would you go and what would you study?
- What’s the name of your oldest pet?
- What’s the title of the last book you read?
Answer as honestly as you can, and have fun!
The biggest thing on my to-do list this each year (besides getting my gift shopping done early) is to take a Christmas card “photo shoot” with Kyle. I’m happy to announce (atleast for this year), we finally did it! Continue reading “How To Make Your Holiday Cards Memorable During Deployment”
The holidays, including all of that holiday shopping, have me doing a little bit of window shopping for myself. All the sequins and sparkles on everything have me a bit obsessed with some fancier looks, which I don’t get to wear often. And at the top of my list: shoes shoes shoes! Continue reading “My Shoe Wish List”
One of the obvious struggles of living a military lifestyle is the lack of time. Most days we barely have time to have a date night, let alone a vacation. Continue reading “5 Vacation Destinations for Military Families”
Let’s face it, there are a million things you can worry about when your significant other is in the military. Among the biggest of those worries: deployment. Continue reading “Staying Safe at Home During a Deployment”
With Christmas just around the corner (25 days!) I’m working with Fabletics this month to introduce some of their awesome workout gear! I’m pretty picky about what I workout in, because I got so tired of spending tons of money on things that either wore out, or only felt good to sleep in. Continue reading “Affordable Fitness Wear For Every Season”
One of my favorite things to do with Kyle is wander around book stores, late at night, coffee in hand. I’ve found a lot of great reads in those hours, and there’s something really peaceful about wandering between each aisle, searching for the right one. Continue reading “Must Reads For December “
As you saw about a month ago, we had moved out of our tiny rental and were in the process of moving into a new one. After a lot of moving things around and waiting for everything to be ready, we are finally settled into our brand new condo! Continue reading “Organization Tips For Every Home”
Each year around Christmastime I find all of these ideas (mostly on Pinterest) that I want to try. They range all the way from dates to crafts, and everything in between. But let’s face it, we rarely get to do all of those ideas, with the exception of the really crafty people and the bakers of the world.
I wanted to get creative this time around, and reach beyond just making gifts for my family and close friends. Next year could be very different, so I really want to make this season the best of all time. Here are some ideas! Continue reading “10 Activities to Check Off Your List This Holiday Season”